SAFE009 - Back Safety
This course discusses the potential causes of back injuries, and how to avoid them.
Home medical equipment employees are often subject to back injuries because of the type of lifting and carrying they do on a daily basis. This course discusses the potential causes of back injuries, and how to avoid them.
- Explain the prevalence of back disorders in the U.S;
- Identify the causes of back injuries;
- Explain the mechanics of safe lifting;
- Identify alternative methods of lifting and carrying heavy objects;
- Explain how you can maintain a healthy back.
To successfully complete this course, you must attain a minimum score of 80% on the final exam and complete the course training survey.
Continuing education: 1.0 Category I CPE credit by the Board for Orthotist/Prosthetist Certification (BOC); VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program.