REHB028 - Overview of Foot and Ankle Injuries
This course provides an overview of foot and ankle anatomy, types of injuries, diagnosis, and treatment and prevention of foot and ankle injuries.
This course provides an overview of the types of injuries that can occur to a person’s feet and ankles. Describe the basic structure of the bones, tendons and ligaments of the feet and ankles.
- Describe the types of common foot and ankle injuries;
- Recognize when a foot or ankle injury can be treated at home;
- Explain the available home treatment options for common foot and ankle injuries;
- Recognize when an injury requires a visit to the doctor for evaluation and possible treatment.
- Explain the steps to take to help prevent foot and ankle injuries.
To successfully complete this course, you must attain a minimum score of 80 percent on the final exam and complete the course training survey.
Continuing Education: 1.0 Scientific (S) Category I PCEs by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics and Prosthetics (ABC) will be granted to those certified in the disciplines of: Orthotists, Orthotic Assistants, Orthotic Technicians, Orthotic Fitters, Pedorthists; 1.0 Category 1 CPE credits by the Board of Certification/Accreditation (BOC); 1.0 contact hour by the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC); VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program.