REHB013 - A Practical Approach to Neuromusuclar Electrical Stimulation
This third module addresses neuromuscular electrical nerve stimulation (NMES). This series of modules is provided by Rehabilicare.
This is the third of a 3-part series of modules designed to assist you in developing a practical approach to using electrotherapy as an important tool in patient care. This third module addresses neuromuscular electrical nerve stimulation (NMES). This series of modules is provided by Rehabilicare.
- Relate physiological, neurophysiological and electrophysiological changes specific to muscles and nerves that are achieved with modalities;
- Demonstrate clinical decision-making for strengthening, managing lack of mobility, normalizing tone and orthotic substitution;
- Demonstrate problem-solving parameter selections for NMES through extensive “hands on” experience;
- Scrutinize NMES research data;
- Use modalities as adjunctive tools to help patients achieve improved function in shorter time periods;
- Implement an NMES strategy for your current practice.
To successfully complete this course, you must attain a minimum score of 80% on the final exam and complete the course training survey.
Continuing education: VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.4 CEUs for this program. RESNA and NRRTS will accept the credit on any course that is AT-related. For questions concerning if a specific course is approved, please contact RESNA and NRTTS directly.