OWC004 - Skin Management: Prevention and Wound Care
This course provides information that can be used to establish assessment tools and care plans for patients who are at high risk for skin breakdown. This course was written by Mindy Owen, RN, CRRN, CCM, from information provided by MEDIQfst.
This course provides information that can be used to establish assessment tools and care plans for patients who are at high risk for skin breakdown. This course was written by Mindy Owen, RN, CRRN, CCM, from information provided by MEDIQfst. To successfully complete this course, you must attain a minimum score of 80% on the final exam and complete the course training survey.
- Identify populations at high risk for skin breakdown;
- Identify the factors that lead to skin breakdown;
- Identify strategies to prevent skin breakdown and to promote skin healing;
- Explain the stages of wounds and the treatments available for each stage;
- Explain interventions for wound dressing techniques;
- Explain the toxic effects of antiseptic agents on fibroblasts and other human cells and tissues;
- Explain the advances in wound care technology.
Continuing education: 1.0 contact hour by the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC); 1.5 Scientific (S) Category I PCEs by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics and Prosthetics (ABC) will be granted to those certified in the disciplines of: Orthotics, Orthotic Assistants, Orthotic Technicians, Orthotic Fitters, Prosthetics, Prosthetic Assistants, Prosthetic Technicians, Mastectomy Fitters, Pedorthists, Therapeutic Shoe Fitters; 1.0 Category I CPE credit by the Board for Orthotist/Prosthetist Certification (BOC); VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.2 CEUs for this program. RESNA and NRRTS will accept the credit on any course that is AT-related. For questions concerning if a specific course is approved, please contact RESNA and NRTTS directly.