OPS011 - Basic Manual Wheelchair Repair
This course is an introduction to manual wheelchair components and basic service.
Wheelchairs are like automobiles, bicycles or any other mobility equipment: they have changed drastically over the past several years. This course is an introduction to manual wheelchair components and basic service.
- Identify the major components of a manual wheelchair;
- Describe the differences between a rigid and folding wheelchair;
- Describe the inspection procedures for a manual wheelchair;
- Describe the routine maintenance tasks associated with manual wheelchairs;
- Inspect and record discrepancies on manual wheelchairs.
To successfully complete this course, you must attain a minimum score of 80% on the final exam and complete the course training survey.
Continuing education: VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program; RESNA and NRRTS will accept the credit on any course that is AT-related. For questions concerning if a specific course is approved, please contact RESNA and NRTTS directly.