OPS009 - Creating Efficiency
This course provides strategies to help you create efficiencies within your company, efficiencies that will prepare you for increased financial limitations.
It's a fact of life: more and more businesses -- including those in the home medical equipment industry -- are having to do more with less. Changes in reimbursement and the economy require us to take a more microscopic look at every aspect of our business. This course provides strategies to help you create efficiencies within your company, efficiencies that will prepare you for increased financial limitations.
- Identify methods you can use to increase efficiencies within your organization;
- Explain the importance of balancing efficiency with quality;
- Develop a flow chart of your operations in order to identify potential problems that could develop;
- Write a policy and procedure to handle customer emergency situations;
- Explain how inefficiency can cost your organization customers;
- Explain how patient and caregiver education can have a positive impact on your operating efficiencies;
- Explain how you can use technology to improve your operating efficiencies.
To successfully complete this course, you must attain a minimum score of 80% on the final exam and complete the course training survey.
Continuing education: 1.0 Category II CPE credits by the Board for Orthotist/Prosthetist Certification (BOC); VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program.