INF006 - TB Training for Health Care Providers
This course provides information about tuberculosis (TB) that all health care providers should be aware of. You should complete the course “DMGT018 - Overview of Tuberculosis” before completing this course./span>
This course provides information about tuberculosis (TB) that all health care providers should be aware of. You should complete the course “DMGT018 - Overview of Tuberculosis” before completing this course. To successfully complete this course, you must attain a minimum score of 80% on the final exam and complete the course training survey.
- Explain the cause of TB and how it is spread;
- Develop a TB Exposure Control Plan for your facility;
- Identify and implement the OSHA requirements and CDC guidelines that must be included in a TB Exposure Control Plan;
- Explain the protocol for identifying individuals with active TB disease;
- Explain OSHA's employee TB training and education requirements;
- Explain OSHA's directive for the transfer and isolation of TB patients;
- Identify the warning signs and tags that are required to indicate the hazards of TB;
- Implement a Respiratory Protection program if your facility is required by OSHA to do so;
- Identify and implement housekeeping and recordkeeping programs in accordance with OSHA requirements.
Continuing education: 1.0 Category I CPE credit by the Board for Orthotist/Prosthetist Certification (BOC); VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program./span>