DMGT005k Overview of the Urinary System
This course provides an overview of the urinary system including a discussion of the major disorders that can affect it.
The human urinary system includes the kidneys, ureters, urinary bladder and urethra. These organs work together to maintain osmotic balance in the body while removing excess compounds including toxic substances and metabolic waste. This course provides an overview of the urinary system including a discussion of the major disorders that can affect it. To successfully complete this course, you must attain a minimum score of 80 percent on the final exam and complete the course training survey.
- Name the organs of the urinary system and describe their basic functions;
- Describe the locations and general structure of the kidneys;
- Explain the process of urine production and secretion;
- Identify common disorders of the urinary system;
- Understand lifespan changes of the urinary system.
Continuing education: 1.0 contact hour by the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC); 1.0 Category I CPE credits by the Board for Orthotist/Prosthetist Certification (BOC); VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program.