DMGT005e - Overview of the Circulatory System
This course provides an overview of the circulatory system including a discussion of the major disorders that can affect it.
The human circulatory system is also called the cardiovascular system and includes the heart, blood vessels and blood. This course provides an overview of the circulatory system including a discussion of the major disorders that can affect it. To successfully complete this course you are required to visit each page and score 80 percent or better on the final test.
- Identify the anatomical organs that make up the circulatory system;
- Explain the basic functions of the organs of the circulatory system;
- Describe the sequence of events that make up the cardiac cycle;
- Explain the differences between arteries and veins;
- Explain the function of blood and its properties;
- Describe the four major types of circulatory disease.
Continuing education: 1.0 Scientific (S) PCEs by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics and Prosthetics (ABC) will be granted to those certified in the disciplines of: Orthotists, Orthotic Assistants, Orthotic Technicians, Orthotic Fitters, Prosthetists, Prosthetic Assistants, Prosthetic Technicians, Mastectomy Fitters, Pedorthists and Therapeutic Shoe Fitters; 1.0 Category I CPE credits by the Board for Orthotist/Prosthetist Certification (BOC); 1.0 contact hour by the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC); VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program.