DMGT005c - Overview of the Digestive System
This course provides an overview of the human digestive system, including a discussion of the major diseases that can affect it.
The digestive tract consists of organs that help break down food into components that the body uses for energy and for building and repairing cells and tissues. This course provides an overview of the human digestive system, including a discussion of the major diseases that can affect it. To successfully complete this course, you must attain a minimum score of 80 percent on the final exam and complete the course training survey.
- Identify the major organs that make up the human digestive system;
- Explain the function of each major digestive system organ;
- Explain how food is digested and moved through the digestive tract;
- Explain the role of digestive juices in the digestive process;
- Explain the nutrient absorption and transportation process;
- Identify at least five major digestive system diseases.
Continuing education: 1.0 contact hour by the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC); 1.0 Category I CPE credits by the Board for Orthotist/Prosthetist Certification (BOC); VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program.