BUS015a - Avoiding Fraud and Forgery - Part 1
Small businesses nationwide are increasingly falling victim to fraud and forgery from outside as well as inside the business. This course focuses on negotiable instruments.
Small businesses nationwide are increasingly falling victim to fraud and forgery from outside as well as inside the business. This is the first of a 3-part series of courses that provides information about how small businesses can fight back against fraud and forgery. This course focuses on negotiable instruments.
- Describe the security and design features incorporated into the recent series of U.S. paper currency;
- Explain steps you should take if you receive a counterfeit note;
- Explain how to authenticate a cashier's check;
- Describe the security features incorporated into United States postal money orders;
- Explain steps you should take to avoid falling victim to a counterfeit money order.
- To successfully complete this course, you must attain a minimum score of 80% on the final exam and complete the course training survey.
Continuing education: 0.5 Business/Facility Management (B) PCEs by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics and Prosthetics (ABC); 1.0 Category II CPE credits by the Board for Orthotist/Prosthetist Certification (BOC); VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program.