BILL107 - Oxygen: Documentation and Billing
This course is designed to assist billers and patient service personnel in understanding Medicare oxygen reimbursement.
Oxygen reimbursement is one of the most complicated of all the Medicare policies. This course is designed to assist billers and patient service personnel in understanding Medicare oxygen reimbursement. To successfully complete this course, you must attain a minimum score of 80 percent on the final exam and complete the course training survey.
- Explain the Medicare-required testing guidelines (testing modalities and screening results);
- Identify the three types of oxygen Certificates of Medical Necessity (CMNs);
- Identify the Medicare coverage groups for oxygen;
- Identify oxygen products and accessories, and explain Medicares reimbursement policy of each;
- Explain how to screen CMNs for completion and qualification;
- Explain what documentation Medicare requires for new and existing oxygen patients.
Continuing education: 1.0 contact hours of Continuing Respiratory Care Education (CRCE) credit by the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC); 1.0 Category 2 CPE credits by the Board for Orthotist/Prosthetist Certification (BOC); VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.2 CEUs for this program.