BILL106 - Advance Beneficiary Notice (ABN)
This course explains the Advance Beneficiary Notice (ABN), its purpose and how to use it appropriately.
This course explains the Advanced Beneficiary Notice (ABN), its purpose and how to use it appropriately. To successfully complete this course, you must attain a minimum score of 80 percent on the final exam and complete the course training survey.
- Identify the Advanced Beneficiary Notice form;
- Explain the purpose of the ABN;
- Explain what information should be included on an ABN;
- Explain when an ABN should be used;
- Explain the difference between assigned and non-assigned claims;
- Identify specific modifiers and when to use them;
- Define upgrades.
Continuing education: 1.0 Category 2 CPE credits by the Board for Orthotist/Prosthetist Certification (BOC); VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program.