AGE014 - Aging and Stroke
This course reviews the relationship between aging and stroke.
This course reviews the relationship between aging and stroke. To successfully complete this course, you must attain a minimum score of 80 percent on the final exam and complete the course training survey.
- Explain the relationship between aging and stroke;
- Describe what a stroke is and the types of stroke;
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of stroke;
- Cite the prevalence/incidence of stroke in various populations;
- Identify the risk factors for stroke;
- Describe how diagnoses are made, what treatments are available and the factors for maintaining life after stroke.
Continuing Education: 1.0 Category 1 CPE credits by the Board of Certification/Accreditation (BOC); 1.0 Scientific (S) Category I PCEs by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics and Prosthetics (ABC) will be granted to those certified in the disciplines of: Orthotics, Orthotic Assistants, Orthotic Technicians, Orthotic Fitters, Prosthetics, Prosthetic Assistants, Prosthetic Technicians, Mastectomy Fitters, Pedorthists, Therapeutic Shoe Fitters. 1.0 contact hour by the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC); VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program.