AGE012 - Marketing to Seniors
This course provides some effective approaches to selling to an ever-growing market of Americans: seniors, those 60 years of age and older.
This course provides some effective approaches to selling to an ever-growing market of Americans: seniors, those 60 years of age and older. To successfully complete this course, you must attain a minimum score of 80% on the final exam and complete the course training survey.
- Describe the growth and potential of seniors as a market;
- Describe how baby boomers are changing the senior market and the importance of family caregivers in that market;
- Explain the difference between chronological age and cognitive age;
- Explain the importance of building relationships and word of mouth referrals when marketing to seniors;
- Explain the role of email and social media in marketing to seniors;
- Recite the guidelines regarding print/type in advertising materials for seniors;
- Explain the role of customer service in selling to the elderly;
- Demonstrate how to appeal to seniors in the retail store.
Continuing education: 1.0 Category 2 CPE credits by the Board for Orthotist/Prosthetist Certification (BOC); VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program.