AGE011 - Diabetes and Depression in the Elderly
This course examines the relationship between diabetes and depression among the elderly population.
This course examines the relationship between diabetes and depression among the elderly population. To successfully complete this course, you must attain a minimum score of 80% on the final exam and complete the course training survey.
- Explain the relationship between the elderly and depression;
- Describe the signs and symptoms of depression in the elderly diabetic;
- Explain the relationship between depression and diabetes in the elderly;
- Explain how the physical and psychosocial changes related to the aging process affect diabetes and depression;
- Describe the treatment/management options for depression in the elderly with diabetes.
Continuing education: 1.0 Category 1 CPE credits by the Board for Orthotist/Prosthetist Certification (BOC); 1.0 contact hour by the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC); VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program.