AGE006 - Aging and Depression
This course provides an overview of the causes and risk factors, signs and symptoms, and diagnosis and treatment of depression in the elderly population.
HME staff who interact with the aging population are almost certainly going to be interacting with clients suffering from depression. This course provides an overview of the causes and risk factors, signs and symptoms, and diagnosis and treatment of depression in the elderly population.
- Describe the effects of depression on the aging population;
- Identify the causes of depression in the elderly;
- Explain the difference between depression and dementia in older people;
- Identify the signs and symptoms of depression;
- Explain the treatment and prevention options for depression in the elderly.
- To successfully complete this course, you must attain a minimum score of 80 percent on the final exam and complete the course training survey.
Continuing education: 1.0 Category 1 CPE credits by the Board for Orthotist/Prosthetist Certification (BOC); 1.0 contact hour by the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC); VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program.