Choosing the most appropriate manual wheelchair for each individual can be a daunting task today, considering the myriad different types of products available with all of the various features and options. This course will walk you through the process of choosing the appropriate type of manual wheelchair for each individual.
1. Identify at least 10 key pieces of information that should be gathered from an initial evaluation for manual mobility;
2. Identify the basic criteria that an individual should meet to qualify for manual mobility;
3. Identify the basic features of a standard, standard hemi, lightweight, high strength lightweight, ultra lightweight and heavy duty wheelchair and how they differ from one another;
4. Identify at least 4 basic criteria that an individual should meet to be appropriate for each of the different types of manual wheelchairs;
5. Describe the features of a power assist system for a manual wheelchair and identify who an appropriate user might be.
To successfully complete this course, you must attain a minimum score of 80% on the final exam and complete the course training survey.
Continuing education: VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.2 CEUs for this program; RESNA and NRRTS approve the 0.2 IACET CEUs for recertification.
Significant discounts are available to VGM and US Rehab Members! Call us prior to purchase for your discount code: 800-987-7342.
- Additional Information